- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- coconut oil
This recipe actually uses a pancake mix…because let’s face it…sometimes that’s just quicker. And, who doesn’t like pancakes for Dinner? They make a nice breakfast, brunch or heck, even lunch. I have even had them as a snack with nut butter. Yum, right?! So here’s the jazzed up pancake recipe. Your friends and family will love it too…guaranteed.
- Heat pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Place 2 cups of pancake mix into a large bowl and stir in cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Then add 2 flax eggs (1 regular = 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water), coconut milk and apple sauce.
- Mix until well combine and batter is still slightly runny. If it seems to thick add a little more coconut milk (a little at a time).
- Add some coconut oil (about 1 tsp) to pan and ladle in batter.
- Cook until bubbles form and then flip pancake to cook the other side. Pancakes should be golden brown on each side. Tip: the first few pancakes usually don’t come out as desired, don’t fret.