- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate
What’s the saying – “sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.” This treat is the best of both worlds; chocolate and coconut. And yet again, a very easy coconut treat. Best part, this recipe is a no bake treat, that’s right, no oven required.
- Combine shredded coconut with honey (substitute with dates to make vegan) and coconut butter. Mix together until all shredded coconut is moist. Stir in salt to help bring out full flavor.
- Once combined start to form coconut in your hands (golf ball sized) by pressing and squeezing coconut in your palms. This will get a little messy because of the oil…plus, coconut oil is great for your skin, so think of it as getting a manicure while you are at it.
- Grab a pot, add some water and bring to a boil. You’ll want to create a double boiler to help melt your chocolate. Add your chocolate to a bowl and sit bowl on top of your pot, which will gently melt your chocolate.
- Once chocolate has melted simply drizzle over your coconut mounds.
- After you have covered them with chocolate be sure to set them aside to chill for a few minutes.
Tip: if you want your coconut to set more first (assuming you have the time to wait) put your pressing coconut mounds into the freezer for 15 minutes and then proceed to cover with chocolate.