- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 4 shallots
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup pea tendrils
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- salt & pepper
First, some disclosure. This photo was taken with my iPhone’s Instagram app … hence the image quality. I do take lots of fun pics with it though, so be sure to look me up “RChurt” is my profile name. So while it doesn’t always give food the best image quality, you nonetheless get the idea (delicious food).
This was what I had for lunch today and it was all kinds of goodness. A very all-around satisfying meal.
- Pre-heat a skillet. Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices. Drizzle grapeseed (or olive oil) over slices and rub it in. Cook eggplant until each piece becomes soft, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan add your sliced shallots. Cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- In a large bowl combine peas, corn, chopped dried cranberries, diced yellow pepper, olive oil and vinegar. Mix ingredients well and add a dash of salt and pepper to season.
- To plate dish add some pea tendrils (very mild but flavorful), salad mix, eggplant, sliced avocado and a side of sauerkraut. Note: if you can’t find pea tendrils (I picked some up at Boston’s South End Open Market) you can just as easily use some arugula or other leafy green.
Be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe combo. Enjoy!