- 2 red beets
- 2 yellow beets
- 1 apple
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 red onion
It must be said – I love me some beets! I honestly do. This recipe is easiest if you use your food process to shred both the beets and apple. If you do not have a food processor you can still do this by hand. I did try this once, and have amazing biceps to prove it. Beet salad is something that pairs well with other foods and can easily be eaten all by itself … snack, lunch or dinner … beets are the way to go.
- Shred the beets, apple and carrots. Note: beets stain (a lot) so either use gloves or be sure you are comfortable walking around with purple hands afterwards.
- Thinly slice onion, and combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Next, prepare your vinegarette, which is an amazing combination with the sweet beets.
Ingredients For Citrus Vinegarette
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp of ground mustard
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze oranges and lemon juice into a large bowl.
- Whisk in oil, vinegar, and mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vinegarette mixture over the beet salad.